Hickory Grove Baptist Church has five objectives:
A way of responding properly to God—personally and corporately—for who He is and what He has done. Worship is the submission to all of our nature to God.
- We are commanded to worship (Matthew 4:10).
- God is seeking people to worship Him (John 4:23–24).
- Worship is the chief end of man (Isaiah 43:7).
A way of obediently participating in the life and ministry of the church.
- The believer is called to be active in the ministry of the church (Acts 2:42–43).
- Believers are called to have fellowship with one another (Acts 2:44–47).
- The believer is called to make disciples and be discipled (Matt. 28:16–20).
- Believers are called to encourage and lift one another up (Hebrews 3:12–14).
A way to demonstrate spiritual gifts, motivated by joy in the Lord, to further the church’s viagra online ministry for the sake of Christ’s kingdom.
- Christ is our model of true Humility and Service (Phil. 2:5–11).
- Service honors God. (Hebrews 6:10).
- The church is built up and functions as a unit because of spiritual gifts (Rom. 12, 1 Cor. 12).
A way to communicate with God through which the believer expresses his or her trust in and complete dependence on Him.
- It is modeled by Christ (Matthew 6:1–15).
- It is essential for Christian perseverance (Luke 18:1–8).
- Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
A way to invest your resources strategically to further the mission of the church and the glory of God.
- It is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).
- God has blessed you with resources (Deuteronomy 16:17).
- God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:6–8).