Building Maintenance Proposal
Hickory Grove Baptist Church currently has over 600,000 square feet of buildings located on almost 175 acres. As our buildings and facilities age, they face critical maintenance and improvements that must be addressed.
Based on the recommendation of the Finance and Long Range Planning Committees and affirmation of the deacons, this proposal is asking the church to extend our current debt by $2,000,000 to address these issues.
In 2005, following completion of Education Building 3 at Harris Campus and the Worship Center at Mallard Creek Campus, the church owed a total of $13,000,000 in debt. Because of the faithful and sacrificial giving of our members, that debt has been reduced to $1,019,949 as of November 1, 2019. At our most recent interest rate of 3.31%, the additional loan will add approximately four years to our debt payoff without changing the monthly payment.
MAINTENANCE PROJECTS & COST
- Roof Replacement (Mallard Creek Campus) - $600,000
- Climate Control Systems Replacement - $300,000
- Flooring Replacement (Harris Campus) - $400,000
- Parking Lot Maintenance (Harris Campus) - $100,000
- Chapel (Harris Campus) - $150,000
- Worship Center Bathrooms (Harris Campus) - $125,000
- Ministry Offices (Mallard Creek Campus) - $125,000
- Early Education Center Enhancements (Mallard Creek) - $50,000
- Exterior & Interior Signage - $50,000
- New Shuttle Buses - $100,000
In order to allow adequate time for our members to process this request, we will not vote on this proposal until the Sunday morning worship services on December 15. Until then, please address any questions to Steve Adams or any member of the Finance or Long Range Planning Committees.
2020 FINANCE COMMITTEE
Elmer Dryden, Chairman
Jay Manning, Treasurer
Craig Duet, Assistant Treasurer
2020 LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE
Don Ceccarelli, Chairman