The goal of a pastor from Hickory Grove officiating a wedding is to take the man and the woman from engagement to the wedding day to bring about a marriage that glorifies God and shows the world the gospel of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5).
If you are interested in having a pastor from Hickory Grove officiate your wedding ceremony, please read over the Wedding Policies below before clicking on
If you have any questions email Sofia Ocampo (Wedding Coordinator/Director) or call 704-531-4042.
In order for a Hickory Grove Pastor to officiate any wedding the bride and groom will be asked to do and commit to the following:
- Read over the Hickory Grove Statements on biblically sexuality, marriage, divorce and remarriage (if applicable).
- Answer a Bride & Groom Personal Information Questionnaire.
- Commit to going through premarital counseling at Hickory Grove by taking a class or meeting with a pastor.
- Commit to read recommended books before the wedding day.
- Commit to attending church on Sundays regularly.
- Commit to join a Community Group and be an active attender of that group.
- Commit to remain sexually pure, leading up to the Wedding day.
God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman (Hebrews 13:4).
- Commit not to live together leading up to the Wedding day.
Marriage is always a public, formal, and officially recognized covenant between a man and a woman. Where no such covenant exists, the church excludes the use of the facility or officiating ministers in instances where couples are living together before marriage.